Arm's Reach Consulting LLC (collectively "IndieGuide.com", "Website" or "We") is an Online Service Provider pursuant to 17 U.S.C. §512, commonly known as the Digital Millenium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). The DMCA provides in pertinent part that you can request an Online Service Provider to disable access to infringing material (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail). The following is IndieGuide.com's copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property infringement policies and procedures.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide IndieGuide.com 's Copyright Agent the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted, trademarked, patented work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the infringing material is located on the site;
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement confirming you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf, such as: "I declare under penalty of perjury that this notice is true and correct, and that I am the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or intellectual property owner. By:________________(sign & print name)". You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 5(D), your DMCA notice may not be valid.
- Users of IndieGuide.com's services upload, access, and use materials and services at their own risk. IndieGuide.com does not monitor customer content. IndieGuide.com will not be liable for any damages claimed as a result of IndieGuide.com 's services, information, or products. Each and every User and Participant is solely responsible for all materials stored with IndieGuide.com, for accuracy of materials including warranties, and for acquiring all necessary authorizations for hyperlinks and marketing materials. IndieGuide.com makes no express or implied warranty regarding the accuracy, quality, or nature of information that may be obtained by Users or Participants from the internet through the use of IndieGuide.com's services.
IndieGuide.com may, at its discretion, remove content, disable and/or terminate the accounts of Users who may be infringing the intellectual property rights of others or IndieGuide.com, or otherwise potentially expose IndieGuide.com to civil or criminal liability. However, such right shall in no way create an obligation for IndieGuide.com to edit or review the Website(s) or Content. If you believe access to your site was disabled improperly, you may submit a counter-notification pursuant to the DMCA. You must include a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Chicago, Illinois, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
IndieGuide.com's designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: IndieGuide.com, Attn: Legal, 8062 Niles Avenue, Skokie, IL 60077. By email: legal (at) indieguide.com. For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, permissions, and other communications should be directed to IndieGuide.com customer service through its discussion board.
More terms and conditions regarding the use of IndieGuide.com can be found here.